Saturday, June 30, 2012

Faith- Angi

Faith- Part 1- Book of Romans, Chapter 1

I have been meaning to read the book of Romans for a few months now.  I studied it in school 10+ years ago (but I didn't pay attention), I knew it was written by Paul.  I have a personal connection with Paul, I felt it when I was in Rome and toured a prison that he was kept in while he was imprisoned for two years (I will have to add the pictures later).  I was thinking about the topic of faith and funny that I didn't have to get past the first chapter to get the focus of my message.  Did you know that Paul trusted Spirit to deliver his messages?  Just as I do... and when I write here, I try to harness the confidence and ability that Paul had with Spirit when writing the letters to the followers, when I write to you (as the followers).

Faith is something that many of us struggle with, mostly because it is greatly misunderstood.  You may have heard- faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains... well, what does that mean?  You can look at what it's simply saying: a little bit of faith can do a lot.  That is not all though...

This morning Jehovahs Witnesses came to the door and talked to Eric and gave him some pamphlets.  I was asleep and normally I would tell them I'm not interested, but now I am glad Eric took these papers because I found something in there interesting: remember: many paths lead to the same destination, so what they have some crazy ideas, all religions have some crazy ideas!  But this is not important.

I don't know specifically what Jehovahs Witnesses believe, but I know one thing they talk about is that God has a name (Jehovah).  It kind of makes sense that he is not just GOD, but he has a name so that we understand that we should conversate with him.  That is why I started doing this blog, so that I, and any one who reads, can have a daily connection with God.  Just calling God by a name helps us have a more personal feeling of him. Now the Bible I have says that his name is literally YHWH or Yahweh (or Yah for short).  I am not sure where the difference in the name came from, but the point is not that you call him the RIGHT name but that you have a personal feeling of him.  Jehovahs Witness' say the name Jehovah literally means "He Causes to Become" so when you call him by this name you are putting him first in your life and you have faith that your life is in good hands.  I like that idea.

Those of us who communicate with people after they have deceased KNOW, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there is life beyond this human reality.  That is comforting (and yet awesome when realizing that for the first time) because in our lives, we try to figure out everything like it is our job.. but we can't figure out the after-life can we?   I don't even try to run my own life anymore, and man, that is a lot of stress lifted from my shoulders! Paul lived according to the Spirit and was imprisoned... I pray Spirit doesn't lead me there!

I have faith in God being first in my life and know that this will move mountains in my life.  In the tarot, mountains symbolize spirituality to me, so if you have a little faith, you can trust that God will provide you with a lot of faith.  I am not sure how much more faith I can have.. I started out smaller than a mustard seed a few months ago and I can say many mountains have moved already...  but that is not the point of having faith.. you have to do something with it...

...now I feel Spirit leading me to write.  It is hard to think about because people may look at me and say, well who is she to write God's word?  Well, I believe Paul was a murderer before he found his faith.  What kind of person do you have to be to be trusted that you are speaking the word of God (Many preachers do it every Sunday!)?  I am confident that what I write here is Spirit driven, but I was worried that people would not believe me or listen if God gave me a huge message

Well, Paul says to them that faith is trusting that the Spirit works through you.  So don't worry about how, when, or why... just that it is so!  Paul wrote Rome almost 2000 years ago and I am just now getting this message? Hopefully people won't need 2000 years to use what Spirit moves me to write, but if that is the case then OK.  But that doesn't mean to not do it because YOU don't understand what will come of it, or who will be affected, or how long it will take!

You are here on earth so the Spirit can work through you... that is all!  You have to connect to this thought (You have to do this in your own ways)!  If you are trying to lead your own life, it will not work out well for you, it will be a constant struggle until you surrender!

No comments:

Post a Comment