Sunday, July 8, 2012

Feather- Angi

Today was an amazing day, and it went nothing like planned.

 

Are you stuck firmly in the ground or do you go where the wind blows.  Some times call for either, but when I am out and about, I try to be like a feather in the wind. 


Speaking of feather, I was blessed to find this amazing pheasant wing today at a store we found on the way to church.  I was looking for a FEATHER and I found a WHOLE WING!  We never ended up going to church because there was a family emergency and the rev. couldn't make it.  It was our first time at this one and there was a lady who it was her first time also who invited us down the street to the park.  The playground was amazing.  Built by 3600 volunteers in 5 days.  I mentioned to Eric what amazing things can be done if you have enough volunteers.  It reminded me of how I wanted to do something for the homeless by having them help in some way (long story for another day!).  We saw a great amphitheater that we could have drum circles, etc!

We then saw this amazing abandoned building called Hacienda built in 1929.  Vacant.  Run down.  Not used.  No electricity.  Such a shame because it's so beautiful.  Perla says she feels like we used to live there... hmmmmm!

So, we reeaaallllyyy want to explore if getting our little paws on this property is something that we could do.  It was built to be a hotel and has 55 rooms, and several amazing common areas.  Hmmm.. what could we do with 55 rooms?  So many things it is not even funny!  Some for guests/roommates, some for education.. think about it.. a community of people living together and hmm, somewhat like a village :)  It is something I have been dreaming of and I thought we would have to move out west to do this.. to build this, but if we could get this building... wow, I don't even know what to say right now!

So, I will leave it at that and say.. when you really want something, don't think you can't have it, if it is what God wants he will make it happen.  I used to say to expect the worst and you won't be disappointed.. well it's a miracle that I am not in a much worst place since I was expecting the worst so often before!  Well, no more of that in my new life!  I will pray for this to work out, and if it is meant to be then it will be!

And as amazing as I picture this to be, if it is not meant to be.. if this is just a FEATHER, God has a WHOLE WING waiting for us that we can't even imagine yet! Maybe a WHOLE BIRD!

So what do you think?  Is THIS our feather or wing? :)

What is your feather or wing?

No comments:

Post a Comment